Gear & Optics|Optics Last week, Vortex Optics released the next generation of their Razor HD series with the Vortex Razor HD Gen III 6-36×56 FFP riflescope. The new Gen III […]
Gear & Optics|Optics
Last week, Vortex Optics released the next generation of their Razor HD series with the Vortex Razor HD Gen III 6-36×56 FFP riflescope. The new Gen III is replacing 4.5-27×56 FFP Gen II HD. Vortex is marketing this premium optic to avid and competitive long range precision rifle shooters.
The new Razor HD Gen III features updated an enhanced EDC-7D reticle, illuminated reticle, L-Tec+ Zero System, HD Optical System, and adjustable parallax to name a few features. The Razor HD GEN III is made out of high quality aircraft grade aluminum and finished with an hard anodized Stealth Shadow finish.
The Biggest Adjustments
The biggest adjustments from the Razor HD Gen II and Gen III is the revamped L-Tec+ Zero System and improved glass quality.
Engineers at Vortex have updated and revamped the L-Tec+ Zero system for the Gen III Razor HD. The Gen II Razor HD used three set screws to lock in your zero on your optic. To disengage that zero stop was an in-depth process. The shooter would have to remove three set screws to disengage your optics zero stop to allow you to make your adjustments. The new Razor Gen III HD new Zero system only features one set screw. Removal of that set screw will give you the ability to make adjustments as needed without all the hassle of the last generation.
Vortex has also enhanced the glass quality on the new Razor HD Gen III. The new Razor HD features improved image resolution, clarity, color fidelity, edge to edge sharpness, and better low light transmission. Allowing for better target identification in multiple lighting scenarios.
Below, is a product overview and features of the Razor HD Gen III from Vortex Optics.
Built around the perfect balance of magnification and field of view, the Razor® Gen III 6- 36×56 FFP delivers the resolution and contrast you need for long-range, tactical shooting. To get the absolute most out of the first focal plane reticle, the EBR-7D presents a clean sight picture while still providing ample wind holds and ranging information. Round it out with a rugged build and you have the long-range, tactical solution you’ve been waiting for.
First Focal Plane Reticle
• Scale of the EBR-7D reticle remains in proportion to the zoomed image. Constant subtensions allow for accurate holdovers and ranging at all magnifications while the EBR-7D reticle is useful for long-range shooting.
L-Tec+™ Zero System
• The L-Tec+™ Zero System is easy to use with all captive parts and only one set screw, making zeroing quick and simple. Once set, it also allows for more travel.
HD Optical System
• Optimized with select glass elements to deliver exceptional resolution, cut chromatic aberration and provide outstanding color fidelity, edge-to-edge sharpness and light transmission.
Micro Adjust Zero
• Setting Infinite zero setting positions allow zero to be set between clicks for optimal accuracy.
External Rotation Indicator
• Provides quick visual and tactile reference of elevation turret’s rotational position.
XR™ Plus Fully Multi-Coated
• Ultimate anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces provide maximum light transmission for peak clarity and the pinnacle of low-light performance.
Optically Indexed Lenses Optimize image sharpness and brightness from edge to edge.
• Cutting edge coating application process provides unparalleled coating durability and performance
• Allows for intricate reticle design. Protected between two layers of glass for optimum durability and reliability.
• Constructed from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity.
• Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
Hard Anodized Stealth Shadow Finish
• Highly durable hard-coat anodization provides a low-glare matte surface and helps camouflage the shooter’s position.
Locking Side Illumination
• Easily accessible and lockable illumination dial is located on the left side of turret housing. Features eleven intensity levels of illumination with off positions between each setting.
• O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating for reliable performance in all environments.
• Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
• Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
The new Razor HD Gen III 6-36×56 FFP is available now. The new optic is available now and retails at $3999.99 on Vortex’s website. For more on the new Razor HD Gen III or other Vortex products, click here.
Thanks For Reading
If you enjoyed this post, hit that like button, share it a friend, and subscribe. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or comments. Please feel free to drop a comment. Be Humble. Train until only savagery remains and stay deadly ladies and gents.