Recently, Daniel Defense released their hunting iterations of their popular DD5 lineup. The DD5 lineup is the AR-10 platform of rifles from Daniel Defense. The new DD5 rifles are called the V4 Hunter and V5 Hunter.
Recently, Daniel Defense released their hunting iterations of their popular DD5 lineup. The DD5 lineup is the AR-10 platform of rifles from Daniel Defense. The new DD5 rifles are called the V4 Hunter and V5 Hunter. The main differences between the standard DD5s and the Hunter line are the Kryptek Highlander Camouflage and Geissele Super Semi-Automatic (SSA) two stage trigger.
The new V4 Hunter comes chambered in .260 Winchester, while the V5 is chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. The V4 has an 18 inch barrel, weighs 8.6 lbs, and is 39 inches long. The V5 rifle has an 20 inch barrel, weighs 8.9 lbs and is 41 5/8 inches long. The V4 rifle is also chambered in .308 Winchester.
Below are the features and and construction of the DD5 V4 and DD5 V5 Hunter rifles.
DD5 V4 and DD5 V5
• Lower Receiver: Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum
• Upper Receiver: CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum
• Barrel (DD5 V4): DD Proprietary Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:8″ (6.5 Creedmoor), 1:11″ (7.62), 18″ S2W Profile, Rifle Length, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated
• Barrel (DD5 V5): DD Proprietary Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:8″ (6.5 Creedmoor), 1:7″ (.260 Rem), 20″ S2W Profile, Rifle +1 Gas System, Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated
• Gas system: Pinned User-Adjustable Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 Hardened Steel and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Rifle Length, Direct Impingement
• Muzzle Device: Daniel Defense Superior
Suppression Device, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
•Trigger: Geissele Super Semi-Automatic (SSA) 2-Stage Trigger
• Handguard: Daniel Defense DD5 Rail 15.0, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, M-LOK Attachment
• Receiver extension: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
• Buttstock: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
• Pistol Grip: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
• Magazine: Accepts All SR-25 Magazines
• User-adjustable gas block for reliable suppressed shooting
• Superfinished and DLC-coated bolt carrier group makes it easy to clean and operate in all conditions
• Bolt carrier is equipped with a buffer for optimized cycling and improved recoil impulse. Bolt is designed with enhanced extractor geometry and dual ejectors for reliable cycling
• 18″ Cold Hammer Forged proprietary steel chrome-lined barrel for a lifetime of accuracy and durability
• Crisp 2-Stage Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Trigger delivers precise, on-target shots
• Innovative 4-Bolt Connection System to ensure greater accuracy
• GRIP-N-RIP independently ambi charging handle with anti-gasfeatures for a better shooting experience
The new DD5 V4 and V5 are available now on Daniel Defense website. The V4 and V5 have an MSRP of $2,933 and a financing options throw Daniel Defense.
What do your impressions of the DD5 Hunter series? Which caliber would you get it chambered in? Let me know in the comments below.
Thanks For Reading
If you enjoyed this post, hit that like button, share it with a friend, and subscribe. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or comments. Please feel free to drop a comment. Be Humble. Be Savage. Have a great day.