When suppressing an AR-15, one of the things end users have to contend with is the gases being pushed back into their faces while shooting suppressed. As time has passed, adjustable gas blocks and gas-busting charging handles were designed to help mitigate the gases the end user is exposed to. Gemtech has taken it further and introduced their new GVAC upper receivers.
By Drew Bryant
January 31st, 2023, theloadoutblog.com
When suppressing an AR-15, one of the things end users have to contend with is the gases being pushed back into their faces while shooting suppressed. As time has passed, adjustable gas blocks and gas-busting charging handles were designed to help mitigate the gases the end user is exposed to. Gemtech has taken it further and introduced their new GVAC upper receiver.
The GVAC upper receivers significantly reduce the amount of gas blowback the shooter will receive, making it a much more pleasant and sustainable shooting experience. Gemtech has re-imagined the barrel profile, enhanced the bolt carrier profile, and enhanced the bolt carrier group. The ETM muzzle device combines to maximize the rifle’s performance. The GVAC system by Gemtech seeks to evolve suppressed shooting of the AR-15 platform.
Below are the product description and features for the GVAC upper receiver.
Introducing the new GVAC system from Gemtech. Significantly reduce the amount of gas blowback you’ll experience when shooting suppressed with its patented design. The re-imagined barrel profile, enhanced bolt carrier profile, enhanced bolt carrier group, and ETM muzzle device maximize performance, so nothing holds you back. Redefine suppressed shooting with the GVAC system.
• Upper Reciever- Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
• Barrel – 4150CMV Steel, Stress Relieved, Armornite® Treated, 1:8 Twist, 5R Rifled, GVAC™ Profile, Nickle Boron Coated barrel Extension, 1/2X28 TPI Muzzle Threads
• Gas System- Pinned Low-Pro GVAC™ Gas Block, 4140CM Steel, Mid-Length GVAC™, Direct-Impingement
• Muzzle Device- Gemtech ETM™ Flash Hider, 4140CM Steel
• Bolt Carrier Group- Carpenter 158 steel bolt, 8620 Steel Carrier, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Mag-Phos Finish, Chrome Lined, Properly staked Gas Key, Enhanced reliability bolt carrier, and chrome firing pin.
• Handguard- 15” Midwest Industries Combat M-LOK® Free-Float Seven-Sided M-LOK® hand guard. Continuous MIL-STD 1913 Picatinny Top Rail, Integrated QD sling sockets. Machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum and Type III Hard Coat Anodized.
The new GVAC upper receivers are available now on Gemtech’s website. The GVAC retails for $839 MSRP. For more on the GVAC and other Gemtech products, click here.