Firearms|Firearm Accessories Ranger Point Precision (RPP) continues to expand their selection of lever action accessories. Recently, RPP just added to that extensive lineup with the Compact M-Lok handguards for the […]
Ranger Point Precision (RPP) continues to expand their selection of lever action accessories. Recently, RPP just added to that extensive lineup with the Compact M-Lok handguards for the Marlin 336 compact and youth barrel models. This will allow for smaller Marlin lever actions to gain that functionality and modularity from M-Lok rails.
Below, is the product description from RPP in regards to the new handguards.
Robust build quality. In addition to its hard anodized 6061 aluminum construction, the RPP handguard is supplied with purpose built barrel band mounting hardware that is significantly stronger than Marlin factory hardware. Our barrel band adapter also clamps around the barrel, rather than simply using a floating pin. While we have confidence in the strength of our system, there is a practical limit to how much weight/recoil your barrel dovetail can support, so we discourage the use of heavy accessories and bipods.
Easy DIY Install. We wanted to guarantee a drop in fit, with no gunsmithing required. Unfortunately, rifle tolerances can vary quite a bit, so we knew we couldn’t achieve this goal with precise machining alone. So we came up with our proprietary self bedding system. Incorporating rubber pads allows our handguard to accommodate a wide range of tolerances without having to alter parts. In addition, these pads improve accuracy potential, even over factory parts.
Practical functionality. Our handguard offers compatibility with all standard M-LOK accessories as well as quick detach and flush cup style Sling Swivel attachments. All three panels offer mounting points for both. In addition, all three panels are separately removable, without dismounting the handguard. In the event of damage, the affected panel can be easily replaced at modest cost. This allows for easy customization as well. New panel designs/colors/Cerakote designs may be available in the future as well.
Natural ergonomics. While this is a subjective category, we tested numerous designs before settling on this one as the best. The flat bottom provides stability when shooting from a rest, the slender width accommodates most hand sizes, and deep finger grooves along the entire top section offer excellent control for offhand shooting. Throughout, you’ll find radiused, chamfered, or tumbled edges to make the guard comfortable on bare hands. No cheese graters here.
- Marlin M-LOK handguard 9.75″ length x 1.5″ width x ” 1.6″ height x 5.8oz (slender width, height, weight almost the same as Marlin factory wooden forearm)
- 14 finger grooves per side, 15 M-LOK slots (5 on each side, 5 on the bottom) and 3 sling swivel flush cups (one on each side, one on the bottom) that allow for full rotation when used with standard quick push button sling swivels from Grovtec, Sinclair and others
- Every Type III anodized 6061 aircraft grade aluminum part is chamfered, deburred and tumbled to provide a smooth comfortable finish with no cheese grater effect
- Self-bedding, padding on the receiver end is an industry first, allowing fast, end user installation and superior accuracy (usually installs in about 5 minutes)
- Two side Panels are easily customized, Cerakote painted or inexpensively replaced if damaged, all panels held with industry standard 6/32 x 5/16 flat head screws and red Loktite
- One flat bottom provides increased stability when shooting from a rest, while the slender width, deep finger grooves and rounded lower corners offer comfortable, confident ergos
- Heavy duty barrel band and screws hardware are provided increasing durability and load bearing capacity while ensuring easy installation
The new Compact M-Lok handguards for the Marlin 336 compact or youth retails at $172 MSRP.
Thanks For Reading
If you enjoyed this post, hit that like button, share it a friend, and subscribe. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or comments. Please feel free to drop a comment. Be Humble. Train until only savagery remains and stay deadly ladies and gents.